WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our services. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
In order to use certain features of our Website, you must first complete the registration and create a username and password. We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected include your name, physical or mailing address, email address, phone number, credit card and/or other payment information, IP address, browser information, use information, username, password, and any other information necessary for us to provide our services. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of our features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as answering questions, sending product updates, and communicating with you about Company's products and services, including specials and new features. Our Website is for use only by individuals 18 and up.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website or use our services. Company automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Website and its components. We only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Website or services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the Website or services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Company never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We often receive a confirmation when you open an email from Company if your computer supports this type of program. Company uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users. When you receive e-mail from Company, you can opt out of receiving further e-mails by following the included instructions to unsubscribe.
What About Cookies?
Will Company Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, Company may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Company's agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profiles: User profile information including users' name, email address, and other information you enter ("User Submissions") may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website. Email addresses are used to add new User Submissions to user profiles and to communicate through User Submissions. Users' email addresses will not be directly revealed to other users by Company, except, when the user is "connected" to another user via a shared group membership, or an invitation, or if the user has chosen to include their email address in their User Profile.
Communication in response to User Submissions: As part of the Website and services, you will receive from Company email and other communication relating to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Company may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
Promotional Offers: We may send offers to you on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
Business Transfers: The Company may go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or portion of our assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Company, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Company may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy or as subject to the acquirer’s policy.
Protection of Company and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. You acknowledge and consent to such disclosure.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your Company account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Company endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Company allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as the Website changes.
- Real name
- Account and user profile information
- User e-mail address
- Username and password
- User preferences
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain features of the Website and services.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information Can I Access" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You delete your account via your account settings page. Please note that Company will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the account, and some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- You may request deletion of your Company account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: March 31, 2010